Chicken Quinoa Bowl with Broccoli, Tomato, & Avocado
Chicken quinoa bowls have staked their healthy claim on quick and easy meal-prep dinners that are flexible enough to mix and match ingredients for take-to-work lunches that never get boring.
For the Chicken:
- 1 6- ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets (roasted or raw)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Crumbled feta cheese
- ½ avocado, cubed
- Slice the chicken breast into 1-inch chunks and add to a gallon freezer bag. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper then add to the bag, seal, and marinade for at least 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli and tomatoes to the pan with more olive oil if needed, and warm through.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa per package directions.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the quinoa between the bowls and top each with half of the chicken and vegetable mixture. Season with more kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and drizzle with more olive oil if you’d like. Sprinkle with feta cheese crumbles and avocado cubes to serve.
Feel free to customize the recipe by adding other colorful vegetables or your favorite protein source. This dish is not only visually appealing but also a powerhouse of nutrition! Enjoy!