One-on-one sessions with a dedicated Registered Dietitian Nutritionist to help you achieve your health goals.
Health professionals agree that nutrition services with a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist are one of the first treatments that individuals should receive to improve conditions such as diabetes, obesity, gastrointestinal conditions, inflammatory conditions, heart disease and hypertension.
After working with an LWell Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, our clients commonly experience…
- Reduced pain and symptoms
- Reduction of medications
- Improvement in labs
- Healthier weight
- Improved sleep
- Improved mental clarity
LWell’s Medical Nutrition Therapy Program Works
We are Dedicated Dietitians
You’ll be paired with a dietitian that is experienced with your medical conditions. As your health advocate, she will listen to your concerns and help you achieve your goals.
A Health Profile
Your dietitian will collect all of the information needed about your health, challenges, and goals. (What you eat and your eating habits; health conditions, symptoms and challenges; and review labs and test results from your doctor.)
We are Judgement Free
Your dietitian is 100% on TEAM YOU. She is here to guide, support and make adjustments to your plan. Life happens and just because you ate 3 cupcakes for dinner doesn’t mean that you failed. Give yourself grace, ask your dietitian for help, and get back to your plan.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will create a personalized nutrition treatment plan based on your health, preferences, and lifestyle.
Your dietitian will frequently check-in with you to provide the support and accountability you need to achieve your goals.
You’ll continue to meet with your dietitian to talk about your progress and modify your nutrition goals and treatment plan as needed.
FAQs About Registered Dietitian Nutritionists
Are appointments covered by insurance?
Yes, our Medical Nutrition Therapy program is covered by insurance for many of our clients. LWell is a provider for Medicare, Optima, Blue Cross Blue Shield (Anthem), Aetna, United, Humana, and Cigna. We also offer self-pay options. If you live in Hampton Roads, chances are your physician is one of our preferred physicians.
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
Registered Dietitian and Registered Dietitian-Nutritionists (RD or RDN) are equal credentials. Registered Dietitians are able to treat a wide variety of illnesses with hundreds of nutrition therapies as regulated by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. RD’s and RDN’s work to treat and prevent diagnosed conditions by providing medical nutrition therapy. The RD/RDN often acts as part of a medical team, in various practice settings, such as hospitals, physician offices, private practice and other health care facilities. The work of the RD/RDN is clinically recognized as effective in preventing, treating and managing many conditions.
People who refer to themselves as nutritionists or registered dietitians should have also met criteria based on national standards of education, experience and of practice as set by the Commission on Dietetic Registration, but many erroneously misrepresent themselves as nutritionists. Make sure you are working with a registered dietitian or registered dietitian nutritionist.
What medical conditions do Registered Dietitian Nutritionists treat?
LWell Dietitians have experience treating conditions including:
- Diabetes (type 1 and type 2)
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Adult or Pediatric Obesity
- Heart Disease
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Kidney Disease
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions
- Complicated weight loss
- Eating disorders
Do I need a referral from a physician to see a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
Although many physicians do refer patients to our practice, a referral is not required to see one of our dietitians.
What can I expect from my Registered Dietitian Nutritionist?
• Our approach will be customized to your needs; including health status, beliefs, attitudes and values, goals, life-style, and timeline.
• Therapeutic diets, lifestyle change, or a structured meal plan built for you!
• We are your dietitians for life. Just like a dentist or eye doctor, we will be here for all stages of development.
• We are here to clarify the plan, answer quick questions, and hold you accountable from a data gathering stand-point.
• We will do our best to hold you accountable while keep-ing the balance of achievable goals through coaching, evidence-based clinical recommendations, and a collabo-rative relationship among your health care providers.
• Health is more than one dimension. We consider sleep, exercise, nutrition, medication, and many other aspects of you.
What will my Registered Dieitian Nutritionist expect from me?
• The key to success is showing up, especially when you encounter obstacles and setbacks.
• For sustainable, predictable changes, 13 visits in 13 weeks is the gold standard. You may need more or less, this is not a one-size-fits-all approach.
• Please call 757-585-3441 to reschedule. Do not contact your dietitian directly.
• Change takes time. Building your new normal takes commitment and consistency.
• Session 1 is to build a framework and gather infor-mation.
• Each session will build upon the last and become more innovative.
• There are many options for this; talk to your RD about what would be best for you.
• People change, goals change, needs change. Be ready to modify your goals and strategies through-out your time at LWell.
Conditions that we commonly treat:
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Gastrointestinal Conditions
- Obesity / Overweight
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Cognitive Decline
- Complicated Medical Conditions