The easiest lunch on-the-go?
Hands down, it’s last night’s dinner leftovers. Right after dinner, I portion out leftovers in my Easy Lunchbox container, pop it in the fridge, and it’s ready to be added to my lunch bag in the morning.
If you are looking for more satisfying ideas, try these simple-to-assemble, well-balanced lunch ideas.
1. Turkey or ham sandwich on (gluten free or whole wheat or flourless bread as indicated in your meal plan) 1 small piece fruit, cucumbers and broccoli with low-fat dip
2. Green salad with tuna or chicken breast, light salad dressing, 10 crackers (gluten free, flourless or whole wheat as desired), 6 ounces light greek yogurt
3. Low-fat chicken salad in a pita pocket (gluten free or whole wheat or flourless as indicated in your meal plan), 1Ž2 cup low-fat cottage cheese with 1 cup strawberries
4. 1 cup bean soup, side salad with low-fat dressing, 5 crackers, 1 cup melon
5. Turkey wrap (made with (gluten free or whole wheat or flourless as indicated in your meal plan) 1 tortilla, lettuce, light mayo, tomato and veggies of choice)
6. 1 cup tuna macaroni salad (made with tuna packed in water, (whole-wheat, al dente or gluten free)pasta and light mayo), side salad with light salad dressing, 1 small piece fresh fruit
7. Spinach salad with grilled chicken breast, light salad dressing, 1 cup berries, 6 ounces light greek yogurt, 1 slice (whole-wheat, gluten free or flourless) bread
8. Healthy frozen dinner (choose meal with about 30 grams carbohydrate and lowest sodium option too), 1 small piece fresh fruit, side salad with light dressing
9. 1 cup chickpea and pasta salad and 2 cups chopped veggies of choice (use light Italian dressing)
10. Asian chicken salad (grilled chicken breast, lettuce, peapods, carrots, 1 cup mandarin orange slices), low-fat sesame dressing
11. Put a healthy spin on the traditional sandwich: use 2 pieces of thin sandwich bread, 2 ounces reduced-sodium lean turkey, hummus, spinach, bell pepper and mustard. Add some carrot sticks and light ranch dressing on the side.
12. Mix together some cooked quinoa, white beans, chopped bell pepper, carrots and broccoli to make a veggie and grain salad. Toss with some olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add a nectarine or some grapes on the side and a small handful of dry roasted almonds, if desired.
13. Make a tuna salad with canned tuna, light mayo, diced celery, lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. Serve it over greens with an apple and almond or sun butter on the side.
14. Try a quick yogurt parfait with non-fat plain Greek yogurt, diced pineapple, peaches and a handful of pecans on the side.
15. Pack a cup of leftover chili or vegetable soup. Top it with some fresh tomatoes and non-fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream.
16. Fill a tortilla wrap with rotisserie chicken, hummus, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese and greens. Add a side of fruit if it fits with your plan.
17. Try a hard-boiled egg with a piece of fruit, string cheese and 5 crackers. You could also add some carrots, celery sticks and sun or almond butter.
18. Throw together a salad with romaine lettuce or spinach and any other non-starchy vegetables that you like. Top with some cottage cheese, chopped nuts and a tablespoon of light dressing